Follow HannahWeasel on Twitter

Go to main website: www.hannahshawillustrator.co.uk

Monday 3 June 2013

Stan Stinky is Here!!

 

Squeeeeeek! 


What is that SMELL? 

It's the whiff of a sewer rat, he's climbing out of a toilet and darting to the nearest bookshop to eagerly buy his copy of STAN STINKY. The first book (ahem... I am writing the next one) in a brand new Hannah Shaw pic-fic series, published by Scholastic. Written by my fair hand and illustrated entirely by me too - Stan Stinky is a Sewer HERO! This story is sure to be a hit with anyone who likes furry vermin-type animals, surfing, fishing for rubbish, cockroaches, studying poo charts, climbing mountains of underwear or simply eating a nice bowl of maggot pops. Even if you don't like any of those things, I think you'll still enjoy it.




This is my first 'longer' children's book. I am waiting by my front door to be drowned by the adoring fan mail *go on, you know you want to!* I couldn't possibly be expecting any letters from cross parents whose sprogs have made the paper mache fake poo (suggested at the back of the book) and offended their grandma.


I have already had some excellent reviews from some very important young people. I am posting them below.


I've also done an activity sheet for those who like to draw vermin for a hobby (like I do). Have fun!!

No comments: